I thought it would be interesting to reflect on 18 things I would tell my 18-yr-old self.
This list is in no particular order.
- God is truly your best friend.
- Mother knows best 99.9% of the time.
- Know your worth. You are phenomenal!
- Be confident.
- It’s okay if you don’t fit in.
- Don’t be gullible. Be book smart and street smart.
- Spend more time with family.
- Stop stressing.
- Drink more water.
- Your acne will get better.
- Create more art.
- Read more.
- Know more about what’s happening in your community.
- Be careful who you trust. Every relationship is not for you — some are only for a season.
- Don’t make a permanent decision based on a temporary emotion.
- Don’t waste time.
- Be more appreciative of how blessed you are.
- Enjoy your youth!
Note: This list has a few great tips and/or reminders that can be applied at any age.
— Crystal Iman